Another busy week, but not too much in terms of art actually, been doing a lot of preparation to put my latest scene (Last Bastion) online on all the different marketplaces such as Gumroad, Unreal Marketplace etc. So that took most of my time this week.
Other than that big bulk of work I have been working on a blockout for my Artstation Challenge, I can definitely feel the pressure in terms of time.
And this week I will be back in Belgium as well, so I will have no time to work on any unreal stuff unfortunately!
As mentioned before I did do a whole lot of cleanup of my project which basically consisted of removing a blueprint I use for the sky dome
( Ultra Dynamic Sky) which needed adjustments to get roughly the same result, reducing a lot of the texture sizes, adjusting some of the spots I missed on some of the assets and making it all readable for the person interested in buying the scene and assets.
I have split the project up in 2 individual entries, one for the complete scene with all the different lighting setups and completely build scenes and another one for the pipes as a separate assetpackage. Cleaning this up and then adjusting all the different things that still needed adjusting took a long while as well, so i probably spend the better part of this week working on it.
Unreal Engine was kind enough to Feature me on their stream (which had some technical issues so it cut out in the middle of my video, maybe I crashed it? hahaha) so that means that I am on the Epic Games launcher page for a week now! (Special thanks to Drew Fletcher for spotting this one :D )
I hope that by next week I get all of my stuff released online, because it's the first time releasing something through the unreal engine maeketplace as well, so it's a bit stressyyyyy! :D
Oooh yeeah before I forgot, this is how far I got with the Artstation Challenge so far because of all of this going on.
Still determined to actually finish it though, but It's gonna be a tight one!
Last week I mentioned that I would be doing a breakdown of the material that I used in my latest project, showing you how to construct your own adjustable dirt/color shader.
Also did some changes to the size and layout, I had no complaints so far but I noticed that the resolution on some if it was pretty low.
Saw this one last week and I just had to include it into this week's blog, it does a thing that I can simply not do, make a simple but really powerfull scene, I just love the little touches on this scene, the books that make the entire scene pop really nicely.
You can clearly see the improvement over his last couple of scenes and it is awesome to be surrounded not only by super talented artists that are at the top of their game, but also by people that are still climbing the ranks and pushing them self everyday, and I say this not too diminish his work in any way shape or form, but it is such a boost to me personally that I see people like this around me.
So thank you Jacob Claussen for inspiring me, and crushing it on a daily basis!
That's going to do it for me for this week, I'll catch you in the next one!